Effective Date: 31st March 2022.
Attic Books deals with new and used books and provides shop purchases, shop pick up and delivers its customers. Please take special care when reading these. No employee, sales agent or affiliate to Attic Books has the authority to overrule or change any of the Terms and Conditions.
Legal Capacity. You represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into the agreement set out in these Terms.
You must provide Accurate Information. The information you submit to the site must be correct. We can refuse access to the site if we learn that information you have provided is inaccurate.
User Content. You grant Attic Books a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted license to your User Content.
Limitation of Liability. Our liability is limited.
Release. You release us from any claims relating to third-parties.
Reservation of Rights. Attic Books may modify or discontinue this site at any time.
Violation of Security Systems. You may not tamper with the system for this site or the accounts of others.
General. If any portion of this agreement is deemed unenforceable, the remaining provisions will suffice.
LICENSE TO USE WEBSITE
Unless otherwise stated, www.atticbooks.co.ke and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights published on this website and materials used on www.atticbooks.co.ke. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages, files or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
Republish material from this website in neither print nor digital media or documents (including republication on another website);
Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
Show any material from the website in public;
Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
Redistribute material from this website - except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution; or
Republish or reproduce any part of this website through the use of iframes or screenscrapers.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
1. When you register with www.attticbooks.co.ke website, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions made using these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
2. If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must or may update your details by signing into your account on the Website, and updating your online wallet.
The contract between us
1. Any contract for purchases made through the Website will be with Attic Books (Business registered office is situated at Pionner Kimathi Street, First Floor Room 5 near Nation Centre)
2. Attic Books must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Payment of the advertised price will be taken at the point of order. Charging your payment method does not mean that an order has been accepted by Attic Books. Once payment has been processed, Attic Books will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide. The email will include your name, the order number and the total price charged. Attic Books acceptance of your order (which will happen when Attic Books dispatches your order) brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
3. Attic Books will not process any orders in the case of errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods (including the advertised price of the goods) appearing on our Website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email and reserve the right to cancel your order.
4. You must not use this Website: (i) in a way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Website or any Attic Book's service to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way, or (ii) for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity. We reserve the right to cancel any order, terminate any Attic Books account or refuse any Attic Books service if your behaviour gives us a justified reason to do so. This will in particular be the case if you are in breach of applicable laws, applicable contractual provisions, our guidelines or our policies, which are all accessible on this Website, or if you engage in fraudulent activities or behaviour.
5. We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 you may use Attic Books only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Your right of cancellation
1. If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, you can’t cancel your order.
2. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us, unless we delivered the wrong product category. You must send the item back to us no later than 2 days from the day on which you notified us of your cancellation, by following the instructions we send you.
This is as follows:
1. If the goods Attic Books delivers are not what you ordered or the delivery is of an incorrect category, Attic Books shall have no liability to you unless you notify Attic Books in writing at Attic Books contact address of the problem within 1 working days of the delivery of goods in question.
2. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 5 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, Attic Books shall have no liability to you unless you notify Attic Books in writing at Attic Books contact address of the problem within 2 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
3. If you notify a problem to Attic Books under this condition, Attic Books only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
4. Attic Books will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Attic Books under this condition and Attic Books shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question
5. Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Attic Books liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
You’re eligible for a refund within 7 days if you’re dissatisfied with your purchase due to an error on our part or if the product doesn’t arrive.
Incorrect Product / Not As Described / Damaged
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, excluding original shipping costs, only if your return is a result of an error on our part. To receive a refund, you must return your item directly to us within 3 days of the estimated delivery date and in the same condition you received it in.
Product Did Not Arrive
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, including shipping costs, if your product hasn’t arrived 30 days past the estimated delivery date. If the shipper/courier provides tracking information indicating the book has arrived, the return is void.
In cases where the product is returned to us for any of the following reasons, the refund price includes product price only: incomplete address, unclaimed, returned to sender, or similar.
Returned items should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt, excluding the original delivery charge. Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the item.
The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore, for your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
There are no refunds on items damaged in delivery. In that case, you must file a claim with the carrier.
We do not refund delivery costs MPesa or credit card fees. They will be deducted from the total amount of your refund.
Read our shippng policy here
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
No items added in your cart. Please add product to your cart list.